A kettlebell is a traditional Russian training tool that has been used since the turn of the century to develop full body conditioning and fitness.
A kettlebell looks like a cannon ball with a handle. The shape of the kettlebell allows for unique positioning of the weight directly above your center of mass (unlike dumbbells or barbells which must be held in front of the body) and allows you to keep your hand and wrists in neutral alignment, which enable for greater endurance and longevity in the core lifts so that you can produce a much higher volume of exercise and thus greater conditioning and fitness.
Some of the benefits of kettlebell training include:
- Improved strength
- Incredible work capacity (strength endurance)
- Enhanced athleticism and flexibility, coordination, balance etc.
- Weight loss
- Injury prevention
- Mental toughness
- Lean & functional muscle mass
- Strengthening of the entire posterior chain
- Core strength
- Sport and combat applications